VIP Motions to Council Set No. 5
VIP Motion set no. 5
VIP - Voice of Independents Party
P O Box 10, Tulbagh, 6820
Tel. 023 230 2696
Fax to Email 086 665 9232
20 January, 2011
P O Box 44. Ceres, 6835
Motions tabled by the VIP - Voice of Independents Party Set 5
Urgent request to be tabled at the Committee of Rural and Economic Development and Planning and deliberated thereafter as an agenda point at the forthcoming Council Meeting
It is abundantly clear to The VIP, that we are heading for problems, shortfalls and possible dissatisfaction regarding the forthcoming Budget, unless some effort is made to encourage development in the Witzenberg;
1. The VIP would care to have the entire development proposals that were made in respect of the Sitefill60 (Pty) Ltd development applications which included a Conservancy Estate, a Gated Retirement complex, a Golf Course Development, a small scale Farming development and possible further land for low cost housing - all on the Sagtervlei and Schalkenbosch farms south of the town, tabled by the Town Planner and discussed with a view to see what we can do as Council to get these much needed developments going to increase our Rates base. If there is a need and desirability for these developments, we must find a way to make them work viably for the developer as well as our Municipality.
2. The VIP would care to have the Dulskroon and Waverenskroon development proposals north of the town (still part of an EIA process), tabled by the Town Planner, once again to establish what possible stumbling blocks may be apparent, what views the Town Planner may have against the current proposals and to establish whether it is Council's view that there is a need and desirability for these developments to be encouraged to the benefit of the town and to increase our Rates Base.
3. The VIP would care to have the Ceres Golf Course development tabled by the Town Planner in order for Council to assess what are the stumbling blocks that are seemingly causing a delay in this development proceeding and for Council to decide what we can possibly do to accelerate the development to enhance our rates base.
4. The VIP would care to have a date determined for the Workshop proposed at the last Council meeting regarding Council's Land disposal policy, in order that the said policy can be brought to finality in order that Council may be in a clear position as to who land owned by Council may disposed of or alienated as need be. Part of the motivation for this motion is to have the matter of the alienation of Klip River Park and surrounding land as well as the possible Donation of additional land for the Huis Disa old age home in Tulbagh resolved as soon as possible.
5. The VIP would care to have the matter of an alternative site for a future location of the Crèche as well as the possible development of both the existing Crèche and Youth Centre properties into a Small Business development node (which will include a module for the Youth.
6. The VIP would care to have a discussion tabled around the possible development of the existing Traffic Department property in the main road of Ceres into a Small Business development and the possible relocation of the traffic department to other suitable premises.
7. The VIP would care to receive a copy of the Auditor General's Audit report.
Clr. John Veschini
VIP - Voice of Independents Party